UPDATES!!! Here Are 10 Things You Need To Know In Nigeria This Wednesday
Trust you all are having the best of the day!
Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Members of the House of Representatives have warned that Nigeria may suffer another Ebola crisis if measures were not quickly put in place.
The lawmakers said the federal government was not doing enough to prevent another outbreak of the deadly viral disease which is currently ravaging the Democratic Republic of Congo.
2. Adams Oshiomhole, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, on Tuesday, maintained that President Muhammadu Buhari can govern Nigeria from any part of the world.
Oshiomhole, who made the declaration while berating those criticising Buhari for signing the Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract, PSC Amendment Bill into law in London, insisted that Nigeria has gone beyond what he termed “Mungo Park era” where a President is expected to only function from his base.
3. The Senate on Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Justice John Tsoho as the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.
The confirmation followed a report submitted by Sen. Michael Bamidele, Chairman, Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters which recommended the confirmation of Tsoho’s appointment.
4. Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for signing the Deep Offshore Act in London.
Tinubu also commended the president’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari for traveling to London to present the bill to Buhari for assent.
5. The Biafra Zionists Federation, BZF, on Tuesday called for the immediate withdrawal of troops from all the roads in the defunct Biafra region.
In a statement issued by the self-acclaimed President of BZF, Barr. Benjamin Onwuka, he said the Army Operation should be suspended immediately.
6. The Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Benin branch has declared three-day boycott of courts.
This is in protest of the recent security situation in Edo state which they alleged led to the kidnap of Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme of the Court of Appeal, Benin Division, according to President of the branch, Prince Collins Benson Ogiegbean.
7. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has highlighted reasons the President of Meyetti Allah Kautal Hore must be arrested and prosecuted.
Ortom disclosed that the association’s president allegedly threatened states like Benue for rejecting the establishment of the Rural Grazing Area, RUGA, hence the need for his arrest.
8. The front section of the six-storey building gutted by fire on Tuesday in Lagos Island has collapsed, killing a policeman at the scene.
Report had it that part of the six-storey building located at 43 Martins Street, Lagos Island, collapsed around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday as firemen continued spirited efforts at extinguishing the inferno.
9. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) on Wednesday accused one Alex Chukwugo of kidnapping, raping and impregnating an 18-year-old “Hausa girl.”
MURIC claimed that Chukwugo had abducted Mariam Dauda in January 2019 under the guise of marriage, but she was later found with a baby belonging to him in October.
10. The Chairman, Daar Communications Plc, Chief Raymond Dopkesi, on Tuesday told FCT High Court Apo, that everybody treated him like a plague after his name appeared on the looters’ list released by the Ministry of Information.
Dokpesi stated this while being cross-examined by the defendants’ counsel in a suit he filed before Justice Olukayode Adeniyi, of an FCT High Apo, seeking N5 billion damages from Alhaji Lai Mohammed and the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN.
Hope you all enjoy this
Click here to see more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on